Friday, January 7, 2011

Handmade Christmas round up!

There's always one! ~ 2

There's always one!
This is one of those, crazy, picture heavy, epic posts, enjoy!

Charlotte ~ Front

Charlotte in her Insa Skirt (from sewing clothes kids love) It took me several go's around the local shops to find a top to go with her skirt, I found this "twofer" on my last attempt before making one!

Charlotte ~ Back

I don't know if you can see it, but right around the hem of the top layer is a pleated ruffly bit, and of course around the bottom hem is the red ribbon, I was feeling pretty blah about this skirt until the ribbon was attached, it really set it off.

Imogene ~ Front

Imogene's dress turned out so well, and it fits her perfectly too!

Imogene ~ Back

Those ruffles broke me! None of the other girls have real ruffles only pleaty things lol!!
I already blogged this dress all the way back here.

Laura ~ front

Miss Laura got a Feliz as well, this super bright poppy fabric fits her personality to a tee!

Laura ~ Back

I kept the back of her dress plain, and with the stripes I'm really glad I did!

Jocelyn <3

And here is Miss Jocie, singing to the ocean!! Another Insa skirt, and a T-shirt from Target appliqued with a "Bambi", She looks like a little doll in this outfit! (and wowser!! check out her hair!! Honestly I will have to post a photo of it out, there is so much of it and its so long!)

Pup Tent

Next up, a "Pup tent / Ground cloth" from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross, There hasn't been much chance to play in this yet, the weather has been bizarre to say the least! I also made one for my little sister, and this one was a joint gift for the kidlets.

Ribbon Rings

I also made 6 sets of ribbon rings, using some old curtain rings from the oppy that Mark painted for me, and metres upon metres of ribbon! A pair each for my girls, a pair for my sister and a pair for my besties daughter.

Bean Bags

Laura and Jocelyn each got a set of 5 little bean bags, we've had some interesting balancing acts already! Charlotte and Imogene each received a set of 60, 5" squares of Nicey Jane fabrics, they have already sorted out the layout they want, next step sew them together!

Fabric Crowns

And last but certainly not least, A fabric crown each to match each outfit! These were a huge hit and really simple they close at the back with Velcro, and have a layer of heavy duty woven interfacing, the letters were appliqued using that steam a seam stuff, and a single line of machine stitching through each letter, the circles were pinked and then just pinned and sewn.


2 comments:

  1. Oh these dresses and skirts are so lovely! I really wish my girls were still little so I could sew for them....there are such cute patterns to go with the fabulous fabrics! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a most worthy photo loaded blog !
    those dresses are wonderful, and i think a pup tent will be the order of the day for our yard this week.

    ReplyDelete