Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!!

Quilts of 2010!

(Quilts of 2010!, 5 completed this year!)

Wow!! 2010 sure did fly on by! November and December went so fast it wasn't funny!
So while I'm waiting to get a couple more pics for my Christmas round up post (hopefully tomorrow!) I thought I'd do a 2010 into 2011 post :)

The Good: 
Our "Staycation" in January, we did a lot of fun things with the kids that week, and during one of our day trips I found some FMF! We also did an overnight to our nearest city, on a whim which was fun, as well as our Winter Holiday to Victoria, which was down right super dooper awesome!! 

Jocelyn finally started talking, now she talks our ears off! and according to Laura's speech therapist, she is quite advanced for her age! Speaking of speech, Laura's dyspraxia has improved greatly and we are expecting to be finished with speech some time in the next couple of months.
Imogene has found her feet, and has begun to read chapter books, and continues to amaze me with gorgeous new pictures she has drawn!
Charlotte has had a wonderful year academically, and has been invited to join the enrichment class at school, which means she will have the same teacher for the next 3 years, and will have more opportunities to work at a higher level, yep shes a smart little cookie!!

Both the older girls changed schools mid term four due to ongoing bullying and (lack of) friendship issues. They are so much happier now, and have already made friends!
Mark has been getting back into playing his bass guitar, having weekly jam sessions with his best mate, and any drummer they can rope in.
And me? well I was UN-diagnosed with bi-polar, yeah..... thank goodness those 3 years of my life are over, generalised cycling type depression is way easier to deal with (for me at least!).

The Bad:
I must admit the overall sense of last year was that of a bad year. Nothing too drastic just a few annoying stresses, like the time I ducked out to spotlight for thread, and the door on my old van fell off.... yes fell off! did I mention this was one week before we were taking a 2 week driving holiday to Victoria? hmmmpphhh Oh well I do like my new (used) car a lot more!
Then the 6 mths that the Dr's had put me on some hardcore meds that made me sleep.... all the time. Oh oh oh and while we were away getting calls from mediation as my ex was chucking a wobbly that was fun, NOT!
And yeah gaining more weight, (partly due to above meds) that sucked too, at the worst point I was 1 BMI point off Obese, that scared the living daylights out of me, and I'm 4kgs lighter then that now, still have 6 kgs to get back to what I was this time last year, and 19 kgs to be my perfect healthy happy weight *sigh* I'm not used to having weight problems :(

The Ugly:
Only 2 things stand out as being this bad: The week of solid Gastro, yep no more needs to be said about that!
and most recently, My darling girl being forced to suffer through the separation of her bio father and step mother over Christmas, doubly worse was that it was his year to have her, so she was witness to the whole fiasco, Her Christmas day was spent with people that she didn't even know (except bio father).

So that's that then, on reflection it doesn't seem so bad, there was a whole lot more good than bad.
As far as resolutions go, (seeing how last years totally bombed) only 2 for me this year:

Learn to be happy within myself.

Finish 4 quilts.



Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2011 is full of love and Joy, and sewing!!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best in 2011!!! Glad to hear your GOOD list and sorry about the BAD. Life can be terribly difficult at times...I guess it makes us that much stronger, but tough to work through :( I never make New Years resolutions...I know that every year my resolution would be eat more healthy. But this year I am just going to try to BE the CHANGE I want TO SEE...I think that pretty much sums it all up! Ha! Your quilts are lovely, Kelly, and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings....Cheers! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping 2011 brings you and your family a better year, wonderful goals - i think we can all do with some happiness within ourselves. ps. LOVE your quilts! JESS

    ReplyDelete