Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Doll quilt for Laura....


I'm pretty happy with it, Laura on the other hand absolutely loves it!


I had no plan going into this, and I've decided that I really don't like working that way.


Being a beginner though, this quilt gave me a chance to try out a few things, some bubbly quilting on the Beatrix Potter patch, which made the characters really pop.


I also did some leaves around the outside border from a template, which worked out a lot better then I thought it would, I will use this template again on the green and brown quilt.


I really liked the effect that the square spiral gave in this block.


And I love the backing fabric! (even though I oriented it the wrong way)


Don't Forget to leave a comment on This Post, to enter my giveaway for the SEWN Launch! Comments close tomorrow at 1pm AEST! And head over Here, to find 140+ other blogs that have joined the party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment