So in case anyone was wondering why on earth I made 900 inches of bias, well I think I overestimated, by quite a bit!! I'm using it for a "vine" type thingy on Charlotte's quilt, which I have finally got back to.
I whipped up a little pair of bloomers for Jocie last night, totally winged it, they fit OK, and will do the job of hiding the very boring disposable during summer, I'm planning on a couple more, so will do some tweaking. The top is the Peasant blouse from Blueprints, which I have made quite a few times before, It is a bit wide for Jocie, but will do, and I will make them slightly smaller width wise next time. The colours are pretty off in all these photos, the blouse is actually more of a candy pink, and the bloomers aren't quite that bright, my lovely (newish) ironing board however is even brighter then it looks here!
And the buying............ So I went into my local oppy again, not looking for anything in particular, when I spot a cute dress on the baby rack, it wasn't quite right, but while I was looking at it, Jocie grabbed the dress behind it, started squealing and kicking her legs, so I have a look, and Ta Da! the perfect little summer dress, in the perfect size and in fabulous condition!! The best part it was only $1!!
Next I had a look in the sheet section and there right in front of me is this funky old double sheet for the very easy to part with price of $2, It will be perfect for the backing of my "vintage sheet quilt" (which I haven't started yet!). Gotta leave retail therapy at that price!!
Off to do some more on Charlotte's quilt, while watching The Librarians, and United States of Tara, Ahhh Wednesday, my favorite TV night!!