Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Favorite Food ~ Mum's Quiche.


Quiche, Crustless Quiche, Impossible Pie, Egg and Bacon Pie, I've heard all these names used for similar recipes, Here we call it Quiche, In fact I never knew that quiche was supposed to have a crust until I was an adult!
This is the recipe that I had for my birthday dinner, every. single. year. My all time absolute favorite comfort food! So I thought that I would share......

Mum's Quiche - serves 4-6
Ingredients:
  • 4 rashers of bacon (give or take) chopped
  • 1 medium brown onion chopped
  • 1 cup of grated cheese
  • 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
  • 1 -1/2 cups of milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of margarine/butter melted

  • Pre-heat oven to 180C
  • Mix the bacon, onion, cheese and flour in a mixing bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, beat the milk and eggs.
  • Mix milk mixture into the bacon mixture.
  • Mix through the melted butter.
  • Pour into an oven proof dish, mine is approx 20cmx20cm and 7cm deep.
  • Sprinkle mixed herbs over the top
  • Bake for 45 mins or until firm.
  • Serve with Salad, and/or Fresh Bread.
An over simplified recipe, for an extremely easy dinner!
Let me know if you try it, and I would love to know what your all-time favorites are too!

3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy!!! Will have to try this (and also try not to eat most of it as I'm really bad with quiche!! Bit of a piggy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made that in ages. Thanks for the reminder. It will be on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAH!! It looks yummy...but of course my turd of a child wont eat it!!

    ReplyDelete