Quiche, Crustless Quiche, Impossible Pie, Egg and Bacon Pie, I've heard all these names used for similar recipes, Here we call it Quiche, In fact I never knew that quiche was supposed to have a crust until I was an adult!
This is the recipe that I had for my birthday dinner, every. single. year. My all time absolute favorite comfort food! So I thought that I would share......
Mum's Quiche - serves 4-6
- 4 rashers of bacon (give or take) chopped
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 -1/2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of margarine/butter melted
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Mix the bacon, onion, cheese and flour in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the milk and eggs.
- Mix milk mixture into the bacon mixture.
- Mix through the melted butter.
- Pour into an oven proof dish, mine is approx 20cmx20cm and 7cm deep.
- Sprinkle mixed herbs over the top
- Bake for 45 mins or until firm.
- Serve with Salad, and/or Fresh Bread.
Let me know if you try it, and I would love to know what your all-time favorites are too!