Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I finally did it.


On Saturday I finally plucked up the courage to get a tattoo. But not just any tattoo, no, this one is special, very very special, This one is the actual footprints of my angel, Abigail May, lost to us in august 2007,  I was almost half way through the pregnancy when we learned that she had passed away, we later found out that her death was caused by a freak cord accident. Even though I know it wasn't my fault, I still and probably always will, blame myself. I have wanted to get this tattoo for a long time, now I have, and I'm glad.

Grieve Not 
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
 Mary Frye (1932)


4 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, that is so beautiful. I love that your tattoo is so meaningful to you and your family. The poem brought tears to my eyes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tattoo - tasteful and simple. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what an absolutely fine idea. You will never forget, of course, but now you have something permanent of hers with you forever. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. darl that is beautiful!!! and life happens as with the other side and no one can foresee it there for no one is to blame for it, you are her angel too, your the world she knew and for that i hope you find peace in yourself <3

    ReplyDelete